As the mountains shed their winter coats of snow for vibrant shades of green, so do the recreation opportunities evolve from snow sports to warm weather activities. Ask any local and they are sure to express their love for the distinct seasons and the many ways to enjoy them. If you typically only visit for the snow storms, you might plan a trip to experience the bliss of summertime in Ogden Valley. Many a proud local will brag about the time they skied and golfed in the same day, the concerts they attended from their backyard, or the hot air balloon ride they enjoyed during the Balloon Fest. A classic Ogden Valley day begins with a serene sunrise over the lake, where fishermen and and swimmers greet the day. By noon Pineview is populated with boats slinging water skiers to and fro while they desperately try to hold on to the handle. From bustling festivals and events to the limitless outdoor opportunities, Ogden Valley is all but obsolete during the summer.
- Elevate your spirits at Snowbasin and enjoy Sunday brunch followed by live music at the weekly Blues, Brews, and BBQ concert series. Or, on any other day of the week, enjoy the gondola-accessible trails for hiking and biking. More information can be found at snowbasin.com.
- Pineview Reservoir is a highly-regarded haven for water skiing, wake surfing, and fun at the beach. From the moment it thaws until the last day of fall, outdoors enthusiasts are sure to populate the waters. For a more secluded lake experience where motorized boats are not permitted, pack a canoe and your fishing gear and head to Causey Reservoir.
- Discover the South Fork River with your family and pack your camping and fly-fishing gear, as well as inner tubes for floating down the river. The nearby Ogden River is also an excellent fishing destination.
- Escape the heat in Icebox Canyon. A quick and easy hike lends views of stunning cliffs, towering pines, a rambling stream, and the jagged peaks of Snowbasin all in an afternoon. Dogs are welcome.
- Enjoy the mountains surrounding Huntsville with horseback rides offered by Red Cliff Ranch Outfitters. Overnight trips are also an option. 13554 E Hwy 39 Huntsville | 801.745.6900
- Huntsville Town 4th of July celebrations are always a huge hit in the Valley. With a home-spun twist on the 4th of July parade tradition, anyone can join in with homemade floats, bicycles, tractors, or horses. Afterwards a big festival complete with an after-dark fireworks show wows the whole crowd!
- Discover where Powder Mountain’s Hidden Lake chairlift got its name on a gently-sloped and wide trail nestled on a ridge at the upper parking lot.
- Camp out and jam out at North Fork Park during the Ogden Valley Roots & Blues music festival, featuring a variety of artists both locally and nationally recognized. Escape and dance your heart away at this laid back, fun fueled fest.
Stay in the Ogden Valley in one of our luxury vacation rentals. There’s no such thing as a bad day in the mountains! Or, take it a step further and check out Huntsville, Utah real estate and live year-round in one of the most beautiful places in the state.
Showing of properties
Sorry, We have no inventory available for the selected dates and/or filters. Please click here to disable map search and reload all the units.
Showing of properties